The objective of game play is to earn the most Picture Cards. In each round, players get one point for every word used in a grammatically correct sentence or phrase. The player with the most points in each round earns the chance to answer a trivia question on the back of one of the Picture Cards and tell a joke. If the player answers the question correctly, the player keeps the card. At the end of game play, the player holding the most Picture Cards wins!
What comes with the game?
- 192 Picture Cards with a related word at the bottom and trivia questions on the back
- 200 Word Cards A selection of frequently used sight words
- 40 Sufï¬x Cards A selection of word endings
- 10 Blanks To be used for any word you want
- 3 Minute Timer
- At the beginning of each round choose a player to be the Word Wizard. Their role is to direct game play and determine if sentences and phrases are grammatically correct.
- Deal 3 Picture Cards.
- Spread the Word Cards in a small pile.
- Spread the Sufï¬x Cards in a separate pile.
- Deal 1 Blank Card to each player
How to play
- Once set up is complete and cards are dealt, start the timer and signal the start of the round.
- The players will use their Picture, Word and Sufï¬x Cards and 1 Blank to make as many sentences /phrases as they can, until the timer stops. Players are allowed to help each other.
- The Word Wizard will then review the sentences and phrases to determine if they are grammatically correct.
- Players get 1 point for each card (Picture, Word, Sufï¬x, Blank) used.
- The player with the most points in a round will choose one of their Picture Cards. The Word Wizard will ask one trivia question (True/False or Multiple Choice) from the back of that card. In the event of a tie, each player in the tie will answer a question.
- When players answer the trivia question correctly, they get to keep the card. If they donâ€™t answer the question correctly, the person with the second highest point score gets a chance to answer a question and so on.
- AS A BONUS, when players answer the trivia question correctly, they get to play class
Winning the Game
At the end of the game, the player with the most Picture Cards wins!
- For younger players, deal only 1 or 2 Picture Cards (instead of 3.)
- Consider dealing more than 1 Blank depending on the age and level of the players.
- If any player answers the joke correctly, that person earns an extra card from the deck or can steal one from another player.